Tuesday, August 30, 2016


Blocking my Blocks





Today, while in line at the supermarket, I over heard the cashier say to her coworker, "This must be a block. I have applied for other positions, and I’ve gotten nothing, but that Jane Doe, who is newer than me, already landed a position at another store." This word has been getting much more notoriety out there in several arenas: economic, emotional, personal, professional and spiritual, among others. What is a block?
According to the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language:
A block
1. The Action and effect of blocking.  To block something out.
1. Intercept, obstruct or close the passage. Snow blocked the road.
2. To prevent the normal functioning of something.
3. To hinder, impede the realization of a process. Block negotiations.
 **Remember that block is a noun and a verb.

What blocks have you in your life right now?
What are some of your own situations or other’s that you've blocked?
Both are questions to analyze and think about thoroughly, for both exert a strong impact on our lives and most likely are the reason why you were struck by this blog.

So let's be clear that a blockage in general is "something" that obstructs the passage, and which does not let go.
For the purposes of clarity and for this analysis, I have classified the blocks into three groups: physical, emotional and mental.

If you look at your life quickly, just as it is now, you can identify with some clarity, and most likely have at least one of each. In the worst-case scenario, you haven’t managed to identify them specifically, but you know they are there.

Those blocks, which we see or touch, are physical. For example, a stalled car on the freeway, my children who do not let me leave home on time, a chair in the middle of the corridor that stubs my toe, in short, every day we run into more than one of these physical blocks. Some are easy to move out of the way, while others require more effort and patience. Sometimes these physical blocks are more obvious, and have less dire consequences for our life.

Think how many and what types of physical blocks you found today along the way? What has been your attitude towards them? How do you handle these blockages in your life? Have you ever been thankful for their presence because they actually helped you get rid of something?

Ahhh! Emotional blocks, these are truly special. These blocks are rooted in our emotional body, and speak about what we feel. Feelings always find a way to speak to us. We will establish that feelings are neither good nor bad; they just are.  What we do, with what we feel, is what generates the consequences in our lives. There are many kinds of feelings.  Some of those that generate major consequences in our experience are: guilt, fear, resentment, anger, and sadness. These feelings are continuously generated by the actions we take or actions taken by others. The main point here is that when we avoid connecting with what we feel, or when we do not put into perspective what happens to us when we're being judgmental and pointing at others instead of looking at ourselves to deeply reflect on our own actions and feelings; we justify, and that's what gives our blocks more energy.  In addition, if we share the situation with someone else, and agree on how unfortunate the event was; how thoughtless the other person may have been, among others things, they help us to see ourselves as the martyr and victim, then those feelings gain more strength and energy and become blocks.

These blockages prevent us from reaching and achieving what we want because they create an aura of negativity around us of great magnitude. Hence, many people say, “It’s always me, always the same.  Man I have such bad luck.” The truth is that none of that is accurate. It is you who simply attracts negativity. You generate your reality with what you feel.
The key is to always get in touch with your feelings. Take what's yours, what belongs to you; that is, being responsible for your actions and feelings without blaming others for them.
Remember, the important thing is not what we feel, but we do with what we feel.

I ask, “What do I feel? How do I feel about this situation or person? What is mine to control?” From here, what must I assume and manage? These are very positive tools when it comes to avoiding the creation of these blocks.

The mind is the mad one in the house, said Mother Teresa.  It can be crazy and if we allow it to, it’ll get us into trouble. These mental blocks, as the name says it, are created in our mental body. They are related to everything we think, but worth clarifying, not always healthy, positive or true.
Most times, these thoughts wander as if they own the place. They come and go, come and go and most of the time we do not even notice them.
As with emotional blocks, with these mental blocks, it is not so important what you think, but what you do with what you think. The difference lies in that each is a different energy body and emotions generate a state of immediate encouragement and sometimes even unconscious thoughts require more energy and emotion so they can generate a physical reaction. Although, once generated, they create blocks that become huge barriers that are hard to overthrow. An example of this, is self-esteem. Self-esteem becomes a block when I think the worst of myself.  I focus on all my limitations; the ugly, fat, tiny and clumsy that I am. The saddest part is these thoughts, can be reinforced by the people whom are important to us. for example: our parents, family and teachers. It starts off as only something we think, but we give it energy when someone significant reinforces the thought.  From here, we think and think and listen to those negative opinions, and we start to feel bad about ourselves.  It seems that everyone has conspired to strengthen these thoughts and there, an emotion is born and the block appears as we associate with these thoughts.

Tell me what you think about yourself and I’ll tell you who you are. I would add, tell me what you think about yourself and I’ll tell you who you are, and how you live.
What do you think of yourself? What do you think about the life you've created? These are some of the questions that can help us find these mental blocks.

 Where would diseases fit in here?
It is valid to clarify that when diseases appear in our lives, they are the consequences of what we feel, and how we view ourselves, and the things happening around us. These appear in our physical body as a result of these blockages that are created at an emotional level and / or mental. I recommend the book by Louise Hay, "Heal Your Body.” It would be very valuable if any other author you know of, talks about this topic, please share it in the comments .

Well now what?
 Now that I know what blocks are, where they are hosted and how I create them; because, at this point, it should be clear that the only blocks that are created and exist externally, are physical.  
The idea is not to beat ourselves up, and feel guilty about what we have created; the blockages that kept us from achieving our dreams: where I wanted to work, the salary I wanted, or the relationships. No, here we will not create more blocks than already exist. The idea is to start that magical and transformative journey within. Start to break down these emotional and mental blocks that have been created over this and many more lives. Take my life in my hands. Become responsible for what I feel, think and to recognize the exterior blocks that I avoid, but later come back and generate negative consequences in my life.

It is true that it all sounds very nice in theory, and it is also true that it is not so easy to embark or travel alone. Therefore, I’d like to share those steps that have been critical to me and I have also verified in recent years, accompanying my family, friends and in the last few months with my clients.

      * Initially, what is important is that your soul resonates with this, and wants to begin that internal journey. You want to create the life you dream of and deserve.

     * Recognize that, yes, I have blocks and it is my responsibility to recognize them and knock them down, or I can choose to leave them there and let them grow.

    *Commitment: The biggest commitment I have is not with my kids, my husband, my parents or my workplace. The biggest commitment is with myself, MYSELF! From this point on, assuming other commitments will now become easier and even fun. This commitment will be evident through the actions I take to change my current vibrational to a vibrational state I desire.  This will be possible only when I take a new, different and conscious action that will produce this vibrational change.

    * Seek help and guidance to experience this process consciously for yourself.  Currently, there are "coaches" or companions in every area you can imagine: health, money, business, life, spiritual, and sports; just to name a few. It’s worthy to note, that another option which may help in these areas, is Hypnosis.  Before you chose your mentor, make sure they are serious and professional; follow your instincts.  Also, consult with several people, attend lectures, meditate and pray. Find someone who will help you empower yourself.  This will assure you that you will not need them for the rest of life. Trust that when the student is ready, the teacher will come (Taken from an ancient Egyptian manuscript).

    * Lastly, open your mind and heart, to the understanding that some present forms of healing are beyond your parameters of thought, some of them can go further to places you’ve never imagined ... fly, lose yourself, trust yourself, trust that your soul knows exactly what it wants and needs. The latter has been key for me in this beautiful, loving and magical journey to my inner treasure.



I’ll end by recalling that "the point is not what we think and / or feel, the point is what we do with what we think and feel!”

No comments:

Post a Comment